Psychotherapist and Counsellor in Harefield, Uxbridge
Hello and a very warm welcome to you!
I am an experienced Integrative Psychotherapist/Counsellor in Harefield, Uxbridge, offering open-ended psychotherapy and short-term counselling sessions, Harefield, Uxbridge. I am committed to providing the best service in a safe and confidential environment. Over the years I have worked as a counsellor/psychotherapist, Harefield, Uxbridge, in a voluntary sector, NHS and in private practice with clients from various walks of life. I am a registered member of BACP and Accredited with UKCP.
My working approach as an Integrative counsellor/psychotherapist, Harefield, Uxbridge incorporates a variety of tools and approaches and I select the most appropriate way of working with your personality type and presenting issues. I aim to work holistically looking at the whole person from a mental, emotional, physical and spiritual points of view to aid the most healing and progression rather than focusing on symptoms in isolation. I take into account your past, present and future. I also incorporate a Transpersonal approach, which deals with a person's true nature and potential.
The core of the work is for you to take your time in a safe and comfortable environment to explore your feelings and tell your story. To me a client is seen as a whole person with all aspects observed and included: their thinking processes, patterns of behaviour, background and historical events, emotional responses, innate qualities and potential as a whole. I work in an engaging, relational and intuitive way choosing the best approach for you as an individual.
Integrative Transpersonal Psychotherapy/Counselling in Harefield, Uxbridge can help you:
- explore, discover and nurture what you need to do differently to get more of what you want in life
- gain insight into your experiences, feelings and behaviour
- understand yourself better and increase awareness
- serve as an emotional support space during difficult life situations and transitions
- feel more confident in a relationship with yourself and others
- explore your potential as a human being and rediscover meaning
- change your thinking and response to situations with a better insight
- get back to your true nature, rediscover life purpose and realise your potential
Integrative psychotherapy/counselling, Harefield, Uxbridge can help in the following areas:
- bereavement and loss
- life transitions
- identity crisis
- life crisis
- loss of self
- life purpose and meaning
- difficult family dynamics
- women issues
- female anger
- domestic violence and abuse history
- inner child therapy
- nature therapy
In addition to my face-to-face counselling/psychotherapy sessions, Harefield, Uxbridge I also offer:
- Email Counselling
- Telephone Counselling
- Nature therapy
- Skype sessions (existing or former clients only)
My counselling/psychotherapy areas of interest and expertise lie in:
- being with individuals' experiences at times of loss. Bereavement, loss of identity, loss of a relationship, a job, a sense of self, purpose and meaning
- helping individuals to work towards making changes in their lives and understanding themselves better, facilitating the process of self-discovery, self-awareness and self-reflection. Relationships with others and yourself
- living with a sense of purpose and meaning and finding light amidst darkness, seeing all experiences as an opportunity for growth and healing. Your place in the world and making meaning
- reclaiming your true nature and values, reconnecting to your heart's desires, innate qualities and soul nature
- personal Shadow and exploring all sides to a personality with an aim to reconnect to your whole nature. Finding way back home, back to yourself
- working with nature as a medium of expressing feelings and learning to be aware and on establishing a relationship with yourself and outside world, tapping into inner resources. Nature based therapy and working outdoors
- exploring and understanding feelings and emotional states better, becoming more emotionally intelligent and learning ways of responding that serve you
- establishing practical routines based on the practice of mindfulness and awareness. Anxiety, feelings of overwhelm
I work with the following approaches in my counselling practice face-to-face and online, Harefield/Uxbridge:
Humanistic - helping you realise your potential and create a healthy self-concept through a person-centred approach and creating an environment of non-judgement, acceptance, honesty and positive regard.
Solution focused brief therapy - focusing on solution building rather than problem solving, looking forward. It explores inner resources, strengths and hopes for the future, empowering and encouraging to make changes. It can be done in isolation when dealing with a particular goal, difficulty or incorporated into a longer-term psychotherapy journey.
Psychodynamic - we look at patterns and experiences created overtime that led you to your current position, together we work on past wounds and memories. It is based on the idea that the past has an impact on your experiences and feelings in the present. We focus on important relationships, e.g. primary caregivers, who might have set a pattern to how you relate to others in your life.
Existential - focusing on 'here and now' and resources you have available to you. We work with making choices you have available to you, taking responsibility for your life, create meaning and making decisions.
Transpersonal - focusing on personal empowerment, true nature and potential. Its belief is that whatever the hardships of your experiences, your core essence remains undamaged. It is a process of coming back to your true self. This way of working is creative and keeps in mind each person's potential and unique qualities to create a healthy and happy life.
Bodywork - working with energies in the body and its correspondences with emotions and physical symptoms, locations for difficult feelings and memories, working with breath.
CBT - working on changing patterns of thinking and, therefore, ways of feeling and behaving. Identifying core beliefs. Working with re-framing, changing negative self-talk, challenging automatic negative thinking and introducing daily tasks for optimum functioning.
Creative techniques - accessing unconscious material through engaging with automatic writing, spontaneous drawing, visualisations, breathing and meditation and dreams
Dream work - engaging with dreams and looking at symbols, themes and feelings encountered, which can lead to a resolution or an insight brought forward to the unconscious; making links between unconscious messages and conscious life
Please note that I currently do not work with couples, children or adults under the age of 25.
If you are looking for a counsellor/psychotherapist in Harefield, Uxbridge and would like to find out how therapy can help you, please get in touch to arrange an informal, no obligation assessment session either by phoning me on 07710 490239 or by clicking here to send me an email. I look forward to connecting with you.